You should understand, as the proprietor of a rental property, the significance of marketing when it comes to locating ideal tenants. You’re passing up a fantastic chance if you haven’t used virtual tours! It can be a great method to show prospective tenants what to expect before they visit your rental homes by giving them the option to take a virtual tour. We’ll go over the advantages of using virtual tours for your rental property marketing and the reasons why every owner of a rental property should in the paragraphs that follow.
Virtual Tour Basics
An electronic simulation of a rental property, known as a virtual tour, provides prospective tenants with the ability to virtually traverse the premises. As opposed to photographs, which present a restricted viewpoint of the property, virtual excursions offer an elaborate and all-encompassing analysis of every room. Virtual tours also provide potential tenants with the ability to estimate the size of rooms and other sections of the house and see how their furniture will fit in.
According to recent research, a lot of tenants like virtual tours while viewing rental homes. According to data compiled by Zumper, more than 70% of tenants said they would be open to renting an apartment without physically seeing it as long as they could view it via a three-dimensional virtual tour.
Types of Virtual Tours
Prospective tenants are afforded an immersive experience via virtual tours, which enable them to observe your rental properties from any location without physically being present. In this manner, before they visit the property, they can check the space and decide if it meets their wants. 360-degree virtual tours, 3D virtual tours, and virtual reality tours are the three primary varieties of virtual excursions available.
1. 360-degree Virtual Tour: By combining multiple photos into one panoramic image, 360-degree virtual tours can be produced. These images provide prospective tenants with a comprehensive view of a room in a single panorama, enabling them to navigate by clicking and dragging. 360-degree virtual tours are a great choice for rental property owners who are new to using virtual tours because of how simple and affordable they are to create.
2. 3D Virtual Tour: Compared to a 360-degree virtual tour, a three-dimensional (or “true”) virtual tour offers a more immersive experience by letting prospective tenants explore the property as if they were in person. A rental home is photographed extensively in order to make these tours, which are then assembled using specialized software. As a result of the substantial time and effort invested in generating outcomes of superior quality, three-dimensional virtual tours are predominantly employed for upscale rental properties.
3. Virtual Reality Tour: The newest and most entertaining way to view homes is through virtual reality (VR) tours. Potential tenants are afforded the opportunity to virtually traverse the premises, investigating each room, by donning a virtual reality (VR) headset. VR tours, which were once uncommon, are now becoming more prevalent due to the increased accessibility of VR technology.
The Benefits of Using Virtual Tours
Having covered the fundamentals of virtual tours, let’s look at some advantages of utilizing them to sell your rental property.
• Convenience. Considerable convenience is the most significant advantage of virtual tours. You can show your rental properties to potential tenants without requiring them to leave their homes or work schedules. This is especially helpful for renters from out-of-state or abroad who need assistance setting up a time to come and take a personal tour of the home.
• 24/7 Availability. Virtual tours are accessible seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day. As a result, prospective occupants are able to schedule tours of your rental properties without having to accommodate your schedule.
• Increased Online Engagement. Increased engagement has also been demonstrated by virtual tours. Search engine optimization, or SEO, for your rental property can be enhanced with virtual tours. A virtual tour is a fantastic method to add new material to your property listing and raise your rating in search results, as Google loves fresh information.
How to Optimize Your Virtual Tours
Having learned the advantages of virtual tours, here are some pointers to help you get the most out of them:
• Quality Matters. When it comes to virtual tours, quality counts. Avoid using low-resolution or grainy photos and instead use high-quality images and videos,. Utilize high-quality virtual tour content to increase prospective tenants’ awareness of your rental properties.
• Include a Call to Action. Conduct a call to action (CTA) in the concluding section of the virtual tour. Potential tenants are encouraged to take the next action, such as scheduling a showing or contacting you for more information, via a CTA, which can take the form of a statement or icon. Potential tenants are encouraged to take action and move closer to becoming actual tenants when a CTA is included.
With virtual tours, you can give prospective tenants a taste of your rental homes without requiring them to come in person. This is the ideal time to start using virtual tours in your rental property marketing if you haven’t already. Contact your local Real Property Management office today to learn more about incorporating virtual tours into your rental property marketing.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.